This practical course is designed for people who want to learn how to plan, create and start an organic garden. From start to harvest, you will learn how to take care of your plants. 9 Saturdays from 10 am to 5 pm from March through October.
Through the group, students are shown how to make the garden theirs, and create a close connection with Earth's elements.
The 9 classes are given in the Gatineau region at Saint-André-Avellin*, in Flora Medicina's own gardens.
*The town of Saint-André-Avellin is in the Gatineau region, 45 min. from Gatineau and 1h30 from Montréal.
Next class - begins March 2013
- 1st class - The social and philosophical components of organic gardening as well as its different forms. Planning the garden.
- 2nd class - Seedlings, planting the seedlings and plant rotation
- 3rd class - Planting seeds, using tunnels and greenhouses, companion planting
- 4th class - General maintenance of the garden, fertilizers, compost, fertilizer crops, and manure
- 5th class - Prevention and treatment of diseases and pests, irrigation.
- 6th class - Harvesting and basic medicinal plants transformations
- 7th class - Detailed information on different crops
- 8th class - Medicinal root harvesting and conservation of vegetables
- 9th class - Transformation of vegetables and putting the garden down for winter.
- $700 taxes included for the 9 classes, can be paid in monthly installments
- A registration fee of $80 is due with the registration form and deducted from the total cost of the course.
- To register, pay directly through paypal or download and fill out the registration form by clicking on the button To register : by mail at the top of the page. The registration form is in French only because the class is held in French until further notice.
This workshop is available in French only. As for most of our classes, the teacher is able to answer your questions in English. To follow you need to understand French but not necessarily to speak it. If you wish to follow the class but are unsure of your French proficiency, please do not hesitate to contact us. If enough students are interested, we could also offer this class in English.